by Mackenzie Claude
I know there is a big push to get people into tanning salons, but I do prefer the old- fashioned style tanning which is outdoors by the pool. So if you are looking for that perfect glow, but don’t want to spend big prices at the salon I recommend these tips…
These are just my personal tips. Every person’s body is different, so let this be a starting point and use what works best for you. See you out by the pool!
- Start laying out in the sun for a short duration of time, 3-4 days a week. The key is to build a base tan slowly, without overexposing yourself to the sun and burning. Red is a beautiful color on roses and lobster, but not on your peeling face. Extend the duration of your layout as each week progresses.
- Try your best to avoid the sun between the hours of 10am-4pm. This is when the sun is at it’s hottest and laying out before or after will minimize skin damage. What good is a golden glow on a damaged canvas?
- Wear sunscreen!!! I personally recommend an SPF of 30 or higher. Trust me, If a woman can still get pregnant using protection, you definitely can still get a tan.
- Bring a book or music to keep yourself entertained while you layout. Let tanning be a time to relax and catch up on your reading or listen to music & get those creative juices flowing.
- Shower, lotion and moisturize. After being out in the sun, keep your skin clean and fresh with a shower. Then moisturize after you dry off to help lock in that tan.